Thursday, February 23, 2017

Poor Piggy

Piggy stirred.
"I'll come." 


Ralph turned to him.
"You're no good on a job like this."
"All the same-"
"We don't want you," said Jack, flatly. "Three's enough."
Piggy's glasses flashed. 
"I was with him when he found the conch. I was with him before anyone else." Page 24.
  
     Piggy wanted to go hunting with the boys, and Jack wouldn't let him. Piggy was hurt. Ralph picked the other boys instead of him. Ralph had been with Piggy since he found the conch, and he let Piggy for Jack and Simon as soon as he met them. Piggy felt that Ralph sort of betrayed him because he didn't get to go. Jack became the voice that made the decision to not let Piggy go. He told him that he wasn't wanted, and he wouldn't be good at a job like they were taking on.
     In today's society, I think this is also true. Today, I think some people lose track of who has been there for them, and who comes along and will make them look better. I am guilty of this. I have left some of my best friends while in search for people who were more excepted in society, or more likely to help me. People want to be the "top dog" or the leader. 
     Piggy was one of the friends I would've left behind. Later Ralph would realize that he needed Piggy, like I would need my friends. Piggy would be humiliated before Ralph would ever come to help him. Ralph would even humiliate him more by referring to him as Piggy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment