Monday, March 6, 2017

Characters in LOTF

Dylan Massey
6th Period

Around chapter 3 and 4, the characters begin to change in the way they act, feel, and think with the others in the group.  More specifically, Jack’s attitude changes drastically from when they arrived on the island to what it is now. “Jack tried to convey the compulsion to track down and kill that was swallowing him up. I went on. I thought, by myself. The madness came into his eyes again. I thought I might kill.”

In the beginning, Jack was cooperative, loyal, and caring for the most part.  It would take a great force for him to kill in the beginning of the book.  However, something tips him off, Ralph and his leadership efforts begin to anger and frustrate Jack.  He begins to resent Ralph’s decisions and judgement as the leader, and this in return causes some division in the group.  Soon, Jack will become a savage as the story goes on if he continues to disagree with Ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment