Monday, March 27, 2017

Thoughts On Shakespeare

I've only gone over Shakespeare twice but through these two times I have learned plenty. I don't like  the old style of writing and language that is used but the stories are phenomenal. Romeo and Juliet is one of the more commonly known works and conveys a story of "Two star-crossed lovers" who die because of their love. They were separated by a deep rivalry against their two houses so their love had to remain a secret. This however is the only work I have went over but still a very enjoyable one at that.

Likes: So far, the only work of Shakespeare I have went over was very enjoyable. I've seen multiple takes on it (West Side Story and a Modernized version) and I've enjoyed them all. With every different take it seems new and refreshing with an enjoyable and emotional story.

Dislikes: I don't like the "Old English" style of language but other than that I find it quite enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment